struts-user mailing list archives

From Paul McCulloch <paul.mccull...@axiossystems.com>
Subject RE: <bean:message key=<bean:write question
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:25:26 GMT
You could expose the actual message (rather than it's key) via your form -
getMyPropertyMessage(). To render this you'd just need:

<bean:write name="myForm" property="myPropertyMessage"/>

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian McSweeney [mailto:brian.mcsweeney@aurium.net]
Sent: 29 July 2003 16:17
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'; dgraham@apache.org
Subject: RE: <bean:message key=<bean:write question

Hi David,
Thanks for the quick reply.

I know that JSTL might be the best way, but for the moment
I'd really prefer to just get it working with the struts tags
first because it's an entire app using the struts tags.

If my proposed method isn't valid how about something like:

<bean:define id=localCopy name="myForm" property="myProperty"
type="java.lang.String/>

<bean:message key="<%=localCopy%>"/>

Perhaps this would work?
I know it's a bit nasty, but I just want to get it working :-)

Thanks for your help
Brian