struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ajay Patil" <apa...@vertex.co.in>
Subject Re: Populating form from request parameters in JSP
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:20:35 GMT
Thanks Nagi,

Atleast I know that I am not doing something wierd.

Anyway, why does the JSP page care about the origin of the forward.
Why cant it simply autopopulate the form from request parameters ?

Defining an extra action class just to do the forward seems to
unnecessarily increase complexity. What do you think ?

Ajay

hi,
your two jsp pages have  different  action forms associated with them.
so u cant expect the second jsp page to autopupulate the previous
request parameters. u have to go thro' the struts thing(action class)
which will then autopopulate ur new action form and then the jsp page
associated will show the values..

if both ur jsp pages share a single action form(which is in session)
then the second jsp page will automatically show the values

hope its clear now

-- nagi