struts-user mailing list archives

From "Lloyd Wilson" <Lloyd.Wil...@pwgsc.gc.ca>
Subject Configuring multiple message resource bundles for each struts module
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:24:27 GMT
I am using the 1.1 version of struts and was wondering if there is a way that you can define
message resource bundles for a given struts config module other than default?

Presently, I have the following setup in the web.xml:

config
config/module1
config/module2

I have 3 separate struts config files:

struts-config.xml
struts-config-module1.xml
struts-config-module2.xml

In addition, since I am using tiles, I have the following configurations:

tiles-config.xml
tiles-config-module1.xml
tiles-config-module2.xml

So far, I am able to get the applications to work as expected without any additional problems,
however, the only problem that I do have is that I cannot seem to define a message resource
bundle in a specific module config file. ie. If I define a message resource in struts-config-module1.xml
I cannot use it.

In order for me to use the message resource bundle I want, I need to define it in the default
struts-config.xml. When I want to refer to that message resource from module1, it will then
work.

If I define global forwards, action mappings, etc. in each module they work as they should
except for message resource bundles. I'm curious if this is a bug, or if this is just how
you should be defining message resource bundles within the default struts config file, or
if i've just configured something wrong?

Any ideas or thoughts would be helpful.

Since I am somewhat new to this, if it looks as though i've configured something wrong, please
let me know.

Cheers,
Lloyd