struts-user mailing list archives

From sriram <sri...@nunet-tech.com>
Subject RE: What should be in validate() method when using struts validat or package
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:34:52 GMT
Can you please explain how to use validator for client side validations? Any sample code on
the web (links would be helpful).

Thanks
Sriram

-----Original Message-----
From: Nagendra Kumar O V S [mailto:nagendra@ikigo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 11:59 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: What should be in validate() method when using struts validator package

hi,
struts validator provides both client side as well as server side validations.
if u want to use the serverside validations , u have to extend the validatorForm instead of
ActionForm and remove the validate() method all together.
but, in my application, i am using validator for client side validations and on the server
side i still use plain vanilla Action forms and validation method (for validations) for my
own business requirements.
so its a matter of choice.

--nagi