struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Melonie S. - Contractor" <Melonie.Br...@forscom.army.mil>
Subject RE: Using tiles outside of Struts
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:42:52 GMT
Try this.....

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>
<tiles:insert definition="tiles.mypage" flush="true" />

Melonie

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Using tiles outside of Struts
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:22:58 -0400
From: White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD) <Joshua.White@thehartford.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.jakarta.struts.user

I format all of my applications pages using Tiles.  Jsp's are all accessed
through struts with the exception of my JSP error handler.  I am not sure
how to make use of my existing tiles-defs.xml file in a stand alone jsp.  I
would like to make user of an existing tile definition to display in the
jsp.  Could anyone give me a heads up on how to do this?  The documentation
shows how to declare a new definition using the tiles tags:

<tiles:insert page="../layouts/storefrontDefaultLayout.jsp" flush="true">
  <tiles:put name="header" value="../common/header.jsp"/>
  <tiles:put name="menubar" value="../common/menubar.jsp"/>
  <tiles:put name="body-content" value="../security/signin-body.jsp"/>
  <tiles:put name="copyright" value="../common/copyright.jsp"/>
</tiles:insert>

How can I reuse my existing xml tiles definitions in a standalone jsp?

Joshua