struts-user mailing list archives

From "Weber, Nadja" <Nadja.We...@t-systems.com>
Subject AW: logic:iterate length question
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:31:45 GMT
Thanks for the reply. Where did you find that sentence? I looked into the Taglib API reference
but it doesn't state that information.

Anyway, does anybody have any idea how I could make struts *not* iterating?
I just realize that this sounds stupid so maybe explaining what i need will clear things up
:)
I'm working on a breadcrumb navigation. So i have this collection of crumbs, which are to
displayed as links, which is no problem, but now the customer wants the last crumb (which
is the current page or whatever) to be displayed as plain text. So what I wanted to  was iterating
through my crumbs with length set to collection length-1, and then iterate through the collection
again with offset set to collection length-1. This works fine unless there is only one crumb
in the collection, which makes the "length-1" equal 0.
I hope I could make myself understood.

Any ideas on how to make things work?

Kind regards

Nadja Weber

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dirk Markert [mailto:dirk.markert@dr-markert.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2003 17:21
An: Struts Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: logic:iterate length question

Hello Nadja,

according to the docs:

"The length value or attribute name (<=0 means no limit)."

Thus, it's a feature.

WN> Hello all,

WN> I have a question regarding the length attribute of <logic:iterate>. If I set
it to "0" it seems to ignore the length attribute and iterate through the whole collection.
Is that a bug or a
WN> feature?

WN> Thanks

WN> Kind regards

WN> Nadja Weber

WN> T-Systems
WN> Systems Integration
WN> Business Unit Entwicklungszentrum Darmstadt
WN> T-Systems Nova GmbH
WN> Office: Otto-Rohm-Str. 71c, 64293 Darmstadt
WN> Mail: Postfach 10 05 41, 64205 Darmstadt
WN> Phone: 06151 886-4162
WN> Fax: 06151 886-161
WN> mailto:Nadja.Weber@t-systems.com
WN> Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

Regards,
Dirk

| Dirk Markert                     dirk.markert@dr-markert.de |
| Dr. Markert Softwaretechnik AG                              |
| Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Str. 20                               |
| 44227 Dortmund                                              |