struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Struts Setup Question
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:36:59 GMT
Nathan wrote:
> I am hoping to have one Action instance handle Creating a bean, editing
one,
> and deleting one.  My question is how to I set it up so that the same bean
is
> sent requests for all 3 options at similiar urls

What type is com.mysite.FormAction?  I use LookupDispatchAction for this,
and set the 'userAction' parameter to control which method within the Action
to call.

The action mapping changes a bit:
<action ...  parameter="userAction">

You also add a getKeyMethodMap method to the Action, and entries to
ApplicationResources.properties to match up the text in the request
parameter to the method.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.