struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: ClassCastException using the DynaValidatorForm
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:27:25 GMT
> this resulted in the ClassCastException i described earlier, despite
> reloading the webapp and even restarting tomcat.

Did you also close the browser window you were using to test?  IIRC, Tomcat
serializes session data when you shut it down.  Just a guess, but I think
you had a session sitting around with the "old" form bean, and since the
name was the same, it got used.  If you had changed the name from the
beginning (myForm2) you likely never would have seen this.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.