struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: What's the equivlaent in JSTL of <bean:write name="bean" prop erty="stringMapped(two)"/>?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:14:46 GMT
Martin wrote:
> I am using Struts-EL, however, the <bean:write> tag is not implemented in
it.
> It says to use JSTL's <c:out>. Well, how do I access a form's map value by
using
> JSTL? The syntax for this using <c:out> escapes me. Can someone help me
out a
> little? Thank you.

<c:out value="${dynabean.map.prop}" />

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#dyna_act
ion_form_classes

If you are using the Struts JSTL EL taglib, the references are different,
however. Only properties of ordinary ActionForm objects can be directly
accessed through the JSTL expression language syntax. The DynaActionForm
properties must be accessed through a slightly different syntax. The JSTL EL
syntax for referencing a property of an ActionForm goes like this:

${formbean.prop}
The syntax for referencing a property of a DynaActionForm would be:

${dynabean.map.prop}

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.