struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Struts and JSTL - Basic Questions
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:10:37 GMT
Mike wrote:
> A map can be used with JSTL to create the select options for a drop down
list.
> Will the select tag itself reamin an html:select tag (will we mix both
Struts and
> JSTL tags)?

Why would you use JSTL to create the select options?  Using
options in the list based on the value(s) of that property in the form bean.

JSTL and Struts-EL (in the contrib directory) fit together very nicely.
Switching over is a matter of changing the <%@ taglib at the top of the JSP
and then using the README file to switch, for example, from <bean:write> to
<c:out>.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.