struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: dynamic forward to different pages from ActionClass
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:21:54 GMT
> i want to forward the request to the page from where it came,( i have this
> info in session) how can i do it, this must be dynamic

I recently discovered that you can construct your own ActionForward object,
you don't have to rely on mapping.findForward() to return one.  If you've
got the path you need in the session, use it with one of the ActionForm
constructors and return that from your Action's execute method.

I'm not sure this is the best way to do it, but it does work...

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.