struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Prob:Calling a bean:write inside html:text
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:54:26 GMT
>  Even though this is a frequent question,
> I could not get the Exact syntax for doing it.
> "<bean:write	property="phone"	name="registrationForm"/>"/>

If this <html:text> element inside the form that belogs with the Action that
uses registrationForm, then you don't need the 'value' attribute at all.
Struts will magically populate the <input> form element from the value in
the Form bean.

(The snippet above looks like you're trying to put the phone number in the
username field...)

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.