struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: html:options list source question
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 04:21:50 GMT
Craig Berry wrote:
> The jsp page contains an html:form section linked via action mapping to
the EditDeForm type.
> In it, there is a select/options section that looks like this:

>   property="value"
>   labelProperty="label"/>
> I had thought that this would be enough to make it work.

The docs say that if you don't specify 'name', it will look to the form bean
for 'property'.

So without the <bean:define> (definitely not needed) did you try:

(I'm not sure if you'd still need labelName/labelProperty, I suspect not
since you're using LabelValueBean.)

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-html.html#options

(BTW, you don't need the 'set' method to be a bean, read-only properties are
perfectly acceptable.)

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.