struts-user mailing list archives

From "Swaroop George" <sgeo...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: drop-down list help
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:05:57 GMT
<jsp:useBean id="dropdown" scope="application"
class="com.xxx.DropdownCollections">
   </jsp:useBean>

<bean:define id="months" name="dropdown" property="months"
toScope="request"/>

labelProperty="value"/>

Hi this is a part of the page I developed.. (Ofcourse a commercial
application..) I have a class called DropDownCollections.java
Now in the class I have a method getMonths() which will return me a
collection of months..

I am using the months collection to populate the options..
You can actually use an html:select instead of a nested:select

The getMonths() returns a set of beans having two attributes key and
value..
Key will be the month numbers 1,2,3,4..
While value will be month names Jan, Feb,..
While the dropdown is rendered the month name will be shown.. When the
page is submitted the month num(key) will be set to the property 'month'

Hope it helps..
Swaroop