struts-user mailing list archives

From Amit Kirdatt <Amit.Kird...@Ingenix.com>
Subject RE: Complex form data
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:57:59 GMT
Joe,

I had similar problems...check out this thread

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/thrd3.html#73162

thanks,
Amit

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Zendle [mailto:joe.zendle@vericept.com]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 9:31 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Complex form data

Hi all,

In general I have noticed that if a form class is 'complex', i.e., it
contains collections of other beans (that may contain other collections)
and the form is defined to have request scope I get 'array index out of
bounds' exceptions from the controller when the form is submitted
(before my action is called). If the form is changed to session scope
then the problem 'goes away'. This seems to be a BFH fix though.

I guess my question is: Are there limitations or criteria to the
complexity of forms defined with request scope?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.