struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hookom, Jacob" <Jacob.Hoo...@redline.mckhboc.com>
Subject RE: generic SQL implementation
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:10:48 GMT
Look at OJB to take care of everything for you with object/dao management.
You can do a ReportByQuery with OJB that allows you to do what you are
describing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinay [mailto:vinay@mdp.net]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 10:09 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: generic SQL implementation

Has anybody implemented a generic implementation for querying databases
during runtime. I am  using  DAO's for data access layer. But I want to
furthur move the database logic to down one more layer of abstraction.I am
dealing with different kinds of database (eg. let's say a MySQL, MS Access
and another not SQL at all ,index sequential files). I want the DAO to
access the database during runtime. So I want my DAO to be independent of
the SQL statements.The Database Interfrace would talk to either MySQL,or
Oracle or any other database.So that  there is no  need to have  DAO for
each database syntax, rather , this should be handled by a API thru an
interface.

Here's and examples

Let's say for select statement , we supply table name, column names, where
cluase , and's etc

The following method should handle the query

List getSelect(String tablename, List columnnames, List Orderby,.....) etc {

return queryresult
}

Any ideas appreciated