struts-user mailing list archives

From "Davidson, Glenn" <Glenn.David...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Trouble with html:link forward
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:55:28 GMT
Never Mind. I found the problem.

Thanks

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Davidson, Glenn
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 11:48 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Trouble with html:link forward

I am relatively new to Struts and am having what I hope is an easy problem
to fix.

Background.
I am creating an ArrayList (listofdocs) of simple objects and place them in
the session. I then have a JSP that will iterate over these objects and
display some object attributes. This works just fine. My problem is when I
try to do a html:link, I'd like to pass the object reference as part of the
link. When I do this the error message I get goes like this:

[Servlet Exception in:/pages/editXMLjsp] Cannot retrieve the definition for
form bean app.TiaaDocument

my link looks like:

	paramId="tiaaDocument" paramName="doc" >
	Edit

Where doc is defined in the iterate as such:

<logic:iterate id="doc" name="listofdocs" scope session"
type=app.TiaaDocument">

Any ideas?

Thanks

Glenn