struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi Garg" <Ravi_Gar...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Refreshing Issue.
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:25:46 GMT
Dear Anurag,
	This is a general problem. Actually when you refresh your page
then the previous action which has called this page(which is in this
case this page it self) is again submitted. And this previous page is
taken from the history of your computer. To prevent this you can do one
thing the clear history on submit of this page or else disable the
refresh option.

Cheers
Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: Anurag Garg [mailto:anurag.garg@nucleussoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 3:38 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: Refreshing Issue.

Hi All,

I am facing a problem in jsp page refreshing. After submitting the page
add a new record in the database, I again display the same page with the
added record in the list. Now If I press F5 (I am not clicking the ADD
button) it again adds a new record(duplicate record) in the database,
which
it should not do.

I have added the following line in my Action Class
	response.setHeader("pragma","no-cache");

I have also added the following statement in the struts-config.xml
	<controller nocache="true"/>

But still it is adding the duplicate record in the database when i press
F5.
Any solution how to overcome this problem..

Thanks and Regards,
Anurag Garg