struts-user mailing list archives

From "Paananen, Tero" <Tero.Paana...@GTECH.COM>
Subject RE: [OT] Use of Static Methods
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:36:13 GMT
> OO programs should be made up of objects passing
> messages to other objects, not calling global functions.

I would argue a Singleton is no better in this respect.

The fact that they're instantiated into an object,
don't make Singletons any less "global" than static
methods.

	-TPP - I trim my responses, it saves bits

recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email
is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.
We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.