struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Raeburn" <st...@ninsky.com>
Subject RE: NewBie:Populating objects in Jsp
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:55:54 GMT
See below...

Type should be the type of object that is your List (e.g. Pupil) , not the
Action type.
You probably don't even need to specify a type here because <bean:write>
will use introspection to access the properties.

Incidentally, 'pupil' might be a better value for the id because you are
only accessing a single pupil in each iteration, not a list.

>  <bean:write name="pupilList" property="upn" />
>
> and the Struts-config file is as follows :-
>
> <form-bean      name="APFM01Form"
>                     type="APFM01Form"/>
>  <form-bean      name="APFM02Form"
>                     type="APFM02Form"/>
>   </form-beans>
>
>   <!-- ========== Action Mapping Definitions
> ============================== -->
>   <action-mappings>
>     <action    path="/APFM01"
>                type="APFM01Action"
>       name="APFM01Form"
>       input="/APFM01.jsp"
>       scope="session">
>    <forward        name="success" path="/APFM02.jsp"/>
>       <forward        name="failure" path="/APFM01.jsp"/>
>  </action>
>   <action    path="/APFM02"
>                type="APFM02Action"
>       name="APFM02Form"