struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Raeburn" <sraeb...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Can Validator javascript show more than one error at a time?
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:33:46 GMT
The generated Javascript groups tests by type (required, mask, min length
etc) and calls them as follows:

  function validateRegistrationForm(form) {
   if (bCancel)
      return true;
    else
      return validateRequired(form) &&
             validateMask(form) &&
             validateMinLength(form) &&
             validateMaxLength(form) &&
             validateEmail(form);
  }

Due to the way the && expression is evaluated, if any test returns true the
subsequent tests are not executed.

If you had several missing required fields then those errors would be
grouped together. But if you had only one missing required field and another
type of error, you would not see the second error message until you correct
the missing field error.

See the struts-validator sample application (shipped with Struts) for
examples.

Steve