struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Bolsover" <ju...@bolsover.com>
Subject RE: GenericDataSource
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:12:02 GMT
Nico /Steve

Thanks for the prompt replies - glad I stuck with GenericDataSource rather than
trying out the commons-dbpc offerings!

db

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas De Loof [mailto:nicolas.deloof@cgey.com]
Sent: 04 July 2003 12:15
To: Struts Users Mailing List; junk1@bolsover.com
Subject: Re: GenericDataSource

Struts 1.1 has dependencies to some commons projects. First 1.1 pre-release of
Struts used commons-dbcp for the
DataSource functionnality in replacement of GenericDataSource .

Waiting for this commons to get stable before releasing 1.1 final, Struts
commiters agreed to go back to
GenericDataSource because commons-dbcp looked very unstable.

Struts-legacy has been created to include this class outside of Struts core as
DefaultDataSource have been deprecated :
Future Struts version will set the <datasource> "type" attribute to mandatory,
so you will have to set your selected
DataSource (that can be commons-dbcp, and lot's of us use container pool service
and JNDI to get a DataSource).

Nico.