struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Deegan" <mpdee...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How do you access an application.properties value directly from within a class?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:53:30 GMT
Hey Matt / All,

Do you have an elegant way -  in scriptlet form - at the JSP level to grab
an application.properties value to then use as a JSP expression ( <%=...%>)
in the "value" attribute of a tag.

I had tried to use the bean:message tag to get the "value" to populate into
the "value" attribute of another tag - that is when trying to combine two
tags - but the page fails to compile. Can't remember the exact error msg but
it was along the lines of " = expected ..."

I know you can use JSP expressions ( <%=...%>) in the "value" attribute of
tags - but JSP compile fails when I try to use bean:message tag to directly
populate a tag's "value" attribute.

So do you have an elegant way -  in scriptlet form - at the JSP level to
grab an application.properties value to then use as a JSP expression (
<%=...%>) in the "value" attribute of a tag.

I searched for some time for an answer on this but got lost in the maze.
Maybe the wording of my searches let me down.

Or should I be attempting to do this in another way ... without scriptlets
... to get an application.properties value to populate into the "value"
attribute of another tag.

Any help appreciated ...
Mike