struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Jasnowski" <mjasn...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Question About Passing Values from Action Class
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:10:37 GMT
Generally you would stuff this ArrayList in a formbean accessible via a
public getter, or you could I suppose put it in the session yourself as a
scoped attribute. Then in the JSP you access it by that attribute name.

-----Original Message-----
From: Meka Struts [mailto:MekaStruts@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 3:58 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Question About Passing Values from Action Class

Hi,

I have an Action Class which has 2 methods

* an execute method that forwards using ActionMapping
* a protected method getXXX(), which return an ArrayList of objects to
execute method.

My question is, how would i pass the ArrayList to the view page (jsp) so
that it can extract data from ArrayList and display it.

I am actually going though an example and it seems to have missed that part.
I cant get to understand how will the ArrayList object be passed ?

Thank You

Meka Toka