struts-user mailing list archives

From meissa.Sa...@assetmanagement.natexis.fr
Subject problem with dbcp and database restart
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:36:00 GMT

hi all,

I have a problem with my configured datasource using dbcp.
I have posted this question to tomcat user list in vain...
Maybe some struts user could help.

I've configured my dbcp connection pool  in Tomcat 4.1.18
server.xml file.

here is an extract of it
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/intranetMail">

            <parameter>
              <name>removeAbandoned</name>
              <value>true</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
              <value>60</value>
            </parameter>
Everything works fine. But
when our database server is restarted, I have to restart Tomcat
in order to aquire connection to my defined pool.

I wonder if there is a manner to avoid restarting Tomcat when
the database server is restarted.

I have added the parameters below to my pool config.

            <parameter>
              <name>removeAbandoned</name>
              <value>true</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
              <value>60</value>
            </parameter>

 I recognize ,I've added that quite blindly.
 Can someone confirm me if this is a cure to my problem ?

 any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

 Meissa

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur internet, Natexis
Banques Populaires ne peut etre tenu responsable de
son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le
detruire et d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed
on the Internet. Natexis Banques Populaires can not therefore be
considered responsible for the contents.Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and
notify the sender.