struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nicholas L Mohler" <Nicholas_L_Moh...@raytheon.com>
Subject Validation of Indexed Properties
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:04:44 GMT

Hi,

I am currently imple,enting the Struts validator into our web app.  All is
going pretty well with the exception of client-side indexed property
validation.  I have looked at the Validator documentation, and gone through
this list looking for some idea that will give me a clue as to what I am
doing wrong.  I have not been able to find anything that makes this work.

I would appreciate any help or direction.

Nick

Code snippets from the various objects that are involved:
struts-config:
   <form-bean name="ItemaForm"
         type="com.myco.toolkits.forms.ItemaEditorForm">
      <form-property
         name="timeRequests"
         type="com.myco.toolkits.beans.ToolkitTimeRequest[]" size="10"/>
   </form-bean>

validation.xml:
   <field indexedListProperty="timeRequest" property="startTime" depends=
"required">
      <arg0 key="itemaEditor.timeRequestStartTime"/>
   </field>

jsp:
   <nested:iterate name="<%=ItemaEditorAction.ITEMA_DETAIL_FORM %>"
         property="timeRequests" id="timeRequest" indexId="trIndex">
"true"
               size="25" maxlength="30"
               styleId="StartTime"/>
   <nested:iterate