struts-user mailing list archives

From henrik.ben...@teradyne.com
Subject RE: bean:write and c:out only takes proper javabeans?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:29:14 GMT

hmm... very interesting idea.
And if I'm lucky, there could already be something like that
written(recursively or iterativly runs through an object and puts field
values in a map.)
The only hickup would be to convert basic types to Object representation.
But that shouldn't be too hard. Maybe something already doing that in
beanutils.

I'll look at that,
thx

-Henrik Bentel

Kris Schneider <kris@dotech.com> on 07/09/2003 01:20:36 PM

       <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:

Subject:    RE: bean:write and c:out only takes proper javabeans?

You could use reflection to populate a map with the fields' values (using
the
field names for keys).

Quoting henrik.bentel@teradyne.com:

> ok, just to clarify. I was hoping to use the IDLEntities straight in my
JSP
> pages. There's so many of them that I was looking for a way to avoid
> creating "client-side" javabean representations of all the IDLEntities.
> There's a lot of them. And I mean A LOT. And the IDL to Java
compiler(idlj)
> creates the objects with public fields and no getter and setters. So I'm
> somewhat stuck.
>
> Guess I'll look to some Corba message boards for insight to what people
> usually does.
>
> -Henrik Bentel
>

> Stephen Brown <Stephen.Brown@servador.com> on 07/09/2003 12:05:15 PM
>
> Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List"
>        <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

> cc:
>
> Subject:    RE: bean:write and c:out only takes proper javabeans?
>
> The only way to do this is the use getter and setter methods with
JavaBean

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>