struts-user mailing list archives

From ashwani.ka...@polaris.co.in
Subject Re: is war file essential
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 05:36:17 GMT

Seems to be ok. Pls check Index.jsp is indeed present in your
webapp/MyExample dir. Check the case.

                    Jagannayakam

                    .soft.net>                 <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:     (bcc: ashwani.kalra/Polaris)

                    07/07/2003 05:23 PM        Subject:     is war file essential

                    Please respond to

                    "Struts Users

                    Mailing List"

Hi all ,

I am using tomcat 4.1.24 . I am trying to start with struts. Is it
essential
that the application should be deployed as war file only .

Suppose if i have index.jsp in  my webapp/MyExample  directory . this page
is defined in the web.xml in webapp/MyExample/web-inf  as

 <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>Index.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

But after starting the tomcat server  and if i give the url as
http://localhost:8080/MyExample
the page is not getting identified .

Regards,
Jagan.