struts-user mailing list archives

From henrik.ben...@teradyne.com
Subject RE: bean:write and c:out only takes proper javabeans?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:34:55 GMT

ok, just to clarify. I was hoping to use the IDLEntities straight in my JSP
pages. There's so many of them that I was looking for a way to avoid
creating "client-side" javabean representations of all the IDLEntities.
There's a lot of them. And I mean A LOT. And the IDL to Java compiler(idlj)
creates the objects with public fields and no getter and setters. So I'm
somewhat stuck.

Guess I'll look to some Corba message boards for insight to what people
usually does.

-Henrik Bentel

Stephen Brown <Stephen.Brown@servador.com> on 07/09/2003 12:05:15 PM

       <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>

cc:

Subject:    RE: bean:write and c:out only takes proper javabeans?

The only way to do this is the use getter and setter methods with JavaBean
naming conventions.  This should in no way interfere with a Corba backend,
Corba can be used pretty much just like EJB.  The tags use reflection, but
just to find appropriately named getter methods - the Java conventions say
to make the fields private, you should follow the base Java conventions
http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/.