struts-user mailing list archives

From george.bax...@convergys.com
Subject Request/Response Utils future request
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:25:26 GMT
For a future version of Struts, I'd like to request that the Request and
Response Utils be an instantiated object that we can subclass.

One reason is that I'd like to override the 'filter' method of
RequestUtils.  It currently iterates through every character in the string.
I have another 'filter' that I use for i18n purposes (LTR and RTL displays)
that does the same thing, and I don't want to have to iterate through a
string twice!

In addition, the filter seems to be missing a few, such as the british
pound symbol.

Since I currently cannot override this method, I have to choose between
doing the iteration twice or not use the struts jsp tags... ugly choice,
no?

Thanks!

-gjb

e-mail George.Baxter@convergys.com
www.convergys.com

--
"NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or