struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Meredith" <Jason.Mered...@fimat.co.uk>
Subject Session management
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:29:29 GMT

Chaps

I am sure this question has been asked before, if it has please point me in
the right direction (URL - example)

A user log's into a web site, once the user has been authenticated, a
session is created , there are many different actions that a user can
perform, and it is easy to check if a session exists or has expired within
each action. If the session times out, then a user is redirected back to
the login page. No problem.

What do I do for those pages that do not have actions, pages that have
global forwards for example (org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction),
things like legal pages, site maps, and so on? I don't want to create an
action just to display a simple JSP/HTML page, that's why I used a forward.

Regards

Jason Meredith

The e-mail and any attachments are confidential. They may contain
privileged information and are intended for the named addressee(s)
only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain this e-mail
or any part of it.

Unless expressly stated, opinions in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender and not of the FIMAT Group. We believe but do not
warrant that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free.
You must therefore take full responsibility for virus checking.
The FIMAT Group reserve the right to monitor e-mail communications
through its networks.

Where this communication constitutes a financial promotion it is issued
and approved by Fimat International Banque S.A. (UK Branch) and is
only intended for persons of a kind described in article 19(5) of the
Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order
2001.  This information is not intended to be distributed to UK "Private
Customers" (as defined by the Financial Services Authority).

Fimat International Banque S.A. (UK Branch) whose registered branch
in England is at SG House, 41 Tower Hill, London EC3N 4SG is authorised
by the Commission Bancaire in France and by the UK Financial Services
Authority; regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of
UK Business and is entered in the Financial Services Authority's register
(Register Number 183415), access to which can be gained via the following
link: www.fsa.gov.uk/register/

Member and a SETS Participant of the London Stock Exchange ("LSE").
Where this communication is confirming an "on exchange" transaction
(as defined by the LSE),the transaction is subject to the rules of the LSE.
Any information, opinions, estimates and forecasts contained in this
document have been arrived at or obtained from public sources believed
to be reliable and in good faith which has not been independently
verified and no warranty, express or implied, is made as to their accuracy,
completeness or correctness.

This document is not an offer to sell or a solicitation to acquire or dispose
of an interest in financial instruments.

If you have received this transmission in error, please telephone
+44 020 7676 8999 immediately so that we can arrange for its return.