struts-user mailing list archives

From "Pat Quinn" <pat_quinn2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Struts Expandable Trees
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:51:01 GMT

I'm currently developing a prototype using struts tiles for my layout
definition. I want to have a dynamic html tree (i.e.
http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu/dhtmlExpandable.jsp) on the left hand
side, this menu will control the body content.

I'm trying to avoid using frames as i understand tiles to be a suitable
replacement for frames in some cases. My problem however is when i navigate
down the tree and select a node (i.e. request a new view) my tree resort
back to it intial state i.e. root node visible only.

I could use a frameset and refresh only the main content area but this means
using javascript and possibly not using tiles... am i correct in assuming
this or is there an alternative solution???

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.