struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sebastien Flacher" <sflac...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization on a larger scale.
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:11:12 GMT
Hi Linus,

> As a single textfile is used, when there are several thousand entries it
> will become difficult to manage.

this link has details on Resource Bundles inheritance
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Intl/ResourceBundles/

So far I find the Struts framework pretty good in terms of response time
on JSP pages loaded with <bean:message key="app.text"/>
I am not sure about the implementation details.

If the Locales you need at contained into ISO-8859-1
you shouldn't have much problems.

If not, both reading incoming Form data & outputing dynamic
has interesting challenges.
Let me know if you need help with these.

Seb.