struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yann Cébron" <yann...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Accessing the ActionForm object from within JSP
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:20:33 GMT
> I want to access a form within my JSP page using JSTL.  I have it working
by
> simply specifying the name of the form (cycleDateForm) in the JSTL EL.
> However, this does not seem like the correct method of solving this
problem.
> The form name is derived from the Struts configuration file using the
> appropriate action mapping.  Since the JSP page only specifies the action
> name and does not directly specify the form name, it does not seem that it
> should reference the form directly. However, I am not sure how to
determine
> the name of the form object?  Any suggestions?
>
> Sample JSP page :
> ==============
> <c:forEach items="${cycleDateForm.cycleDates}" var="cycleDate">
The name does not correspond to the ActionForm-<class>name, that's why it
doesn't work.

It should work using <c:forEach items="${CycleDatesForm.cycleDate}"
var="cycleDate">

An alternative is to use the <bean:struts>-tag to expose config-data, see
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-bean.html#struts

HTH,
    Yann