struts-user mailing list archives

From "Yann Cébron" <yann...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Performance Question about Tiles Plugin
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:06:10 GMT
> i am using Apache Tomcat/4.1.18-LE-jdk14 with jdk 1.4.1_02 on a red hat
> 9.0 standard installation

> Did you know a good resource for setup Tomcat parameters? How much
> memory for the jvm?

Start by browsing
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/index.html

or crawl through the tomcat-users archive.. I don't have any specific
recommendations - it largely depends on your webapps/load/number of
users/hardware config etc.

Can you verify the performance impact on e.g. a parallel
WINDOWS-installation? I have several applications using Tiles (on WIN and
*NIX) - no problems or special configurations had to be made..

> here is the tiles-defs.xml

[.....]

> </tiles-definitions>

I was expecting a more complicated tiles-defs with several orders of
inheritance - this simple setup should definately *not* affect the
user-performance.

HTH,
    Yann