struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Guillemot" <mguille...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Pb with UTF-8 parameter encoding for <html:link>
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:47:43 GMT
Hi,

my links generating with <html:link ...> with a parameter map don't work
when the value of one of the attributes contains non ascii characters like
"Türkei". The generated link looks like:

/search.do?freetext=T%C3%BCrkei

with the "ü" encoded in UTF-8 (performed in
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.encodeURL(String))

The problem is that this comes to my ActionForm as "Türkei".

Does this mean that it gets decoded as ISO-8859-1?
If I patch org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.encodeURL(String) to encode
using ISO-8859-1 instead of "UTF-8" everything works well, but the javadoc
for URLEncoder.encode() explains that UTF-8 should be used.

Has someone already faced this problem? Is there a better solution to fix
the problem instead of patching the struts class?

Marc.