struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tin Pham" <ttph...@learn.senecac.on.ca>
Subject Re: <html:base/> in Tiles pages question
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2003 06:15:04 GMT
Hi Erez,

The final rendered page will use for the base url the location of
mainLayout.jsp.

So regardless of where the other tiles are located the browser uses the url
of the mainLayout.jsp to calculate all relative links.

I guess the question is what are you planning to use the html base tag for?

I personally use it so that I can reference links and images using relative
links from the root regardless of my location. So my mainLayout.jsp sits on
the top level of my web folder.