struts-user mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <vic_cekven...@baseBeans.com>
Subject Re: OT: JSR-168 is available for review
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:29:26 GMT
Actually, Nov. 2002 I got a similar message from Craig saying I am
overly critical of EJB in favor or DAO (iBatis, Hibernate and rowset,
and rowset now is a big deal at Sun. I wonder who was right back then? :-))

Today I am critical of Portlet and JSF (to me, they are similar to EJB
on the View side), since as I replied in the thread, they are too tied
to the server; (even .NET is better than those Sun API. The words I used
are "Java everywhere is a product strategy, not an architecture".
Borland C# download is free as is ASP.net WebMatrix. I am in favor of
SOA/WS so clients do not have to master every Sun api out there, just
minimal XML and have X-platform ).
I am trying to reduce petting people on the head when they make the
right choice, nor if some people get taken advantage of by vendors; sort
of "a word to the wise" to keep the head up. No need for free consulting
when one has a choice of getting paid for it instead. (Nor do I want to
advise Sun for free and then have it licensed back to me)

Ex: Pick one approach, from this slide show for example:
	http://www.centercomp.com/beyondstruts/index.html
Clearly one approach is better than the other, else if you do not have a
full time architect, consider a consultant; or maybe a vendor
advertisement, it that is what you want to do.

I do teach Advanced Struts class, and do consulting, and then I itemize
my recommendation and implement it.

Time will tell.

.V
baseBeans.com
Project Recovery

ps:
I also liked my Commodore 64, I liked VisiCalc, and I like Sun's
inventing Java,
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SUNW&d=c&k=c2&a=v&p=e5,m20,m100,m200,e200&t=2y&l=off&z=l&q=l

but I think Sun and Java should go separate ways.
http://viva.sourceforge.net/