struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Jensen" <Bob.Jen...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Page flow question
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:47:12 GMT

I can certainly pass PageOne's required fields to PageTwo add them
to PageTwo as hidden fields and then pass them back to PageOne.

But this means that PageTwo has to have knowledge about who called
it, later if I have PageThree call PageTwo I have to change PageTwo, to
be aware of PageThree's required fields.

I was hoping to avoid this.

Another possibility is to save PageOne's required fields in the session, and
get them there in PageOne's PreparePageOneAction, if they are not passed in.

This should avoid PageTwo about caring who called it as the ActionForward
could determine where to return to.

Does anyone know of any issue/concerns with this approach?

Bob