struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brian McSweeney" <brian.mcswee...@aurium.net>
Subject RE: Role of Action Classes when using EJB and Struts
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:03:54 GMT
http://xpetstore.sourceforge.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Kommineni, Sateesh (IndSys)
[mailto:sateesh.kommineni@geind.ge.com]
Sent: 26 September 2003 14:58
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Role of Action Classes when using EJB and Struts

Hi All,

     What role does Action classes play when we are using EJB with
Struts ?  As the core Business Logic is performed by Session Beans which
in turn use the Entity Beans for Persistence related operations.

  So what role does the Action classes play in this scenario . Is it the
case that the Action classes use a Session Facade to invoke the methods
on session beans and Session bean will process the core logic and the
Action classes acts as a Business Delegate..

   Is it rare that these Action classes use any Helper classes ?? ( I am
not talking about Service Locators which they use to find out the
Session Facades for the Session beans )

   Pls let me know your thoughts..

    Where can i find more info on these..

Thanks a lot..