struts-user mailing list archives

From "Abhijeet Mahalkar" <Abhijeet.Mahal...@indussoft.com>
Subject Re: what is .do mapping?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:43:47 GMT
Hi swanand
thanks for ur very quick reply.

just guide me ...
What should i do if the following code not working and not getting redirected to UserGroupMaster.jsp

i am getting this error...

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor  Invalid path /usergroupmaster was requested

thanks in Advance
abhijeet

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 Abhijeet Mahalkar wrote :
>When invoke the jsp using
>
>http://localhost/xyz/pages/UserGroupMaster.jsp
>
>URL and when i submit the page trhu submit button the URL gets
>changed to following will anybody tell me why? and what is ".do"
>stands for? where do we make the entry of this.?
>
>is it the action mapping we are using in struts -config.xml file
>?

* YES, infact it is. when you give a url like usergroupmaster.do
is looks in to the struts-config.xml and matches the path
attribute.

After the matching ActionUserGroupMaster class is used to
accomplish the task using some helper classes/beans etc and
depending on the the return value (success,failure etc)
corresponding page is called (success.jsp, failure.jsp etc).

Hope it helps

-- swan