struts-user mailing list archives

From Nate Drake <nate.dr...@evoxis.com>
Subject ActionErrors and Servlet Filters
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:07:35 GMT
I have a Servlet Filter that checks that the user has permission to
access the requested page.  If the user does not, I want to send them
back to home.jsp.  In home.jsp, I want to use the <html:errors> tag to
display an error message.

In the filter I do this:

ActionError error = new ActionError(Constants.ERRORS_PERMISSION_DENIED);

errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, error);

request.setAttribute("errparam", errors);

RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispatcher("home.jsp");

rd.forward(request, response);
return;

In home.jsp I've tried both:

It forwards back to home.jsp, but the error messages are not displayed.
Is it possible to use ActionErrors outside of an Action?

Thanks,
Nate