struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there a nice ExceptionHandler mechanism in struts for Throwable?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:41:17 GMT
Alex Shneyderman wrote:

>I have looked at ExceptionHnadlers and find them pretty nifty.
>Is there a way to do similar thingy with Throwables?
>
>I tried to set ExceptionHandler to catch (type attribute)
>Java.lang.Throwable but it does not work and I get the ugly
>ServletException as my page to the user?

Although it would have been possible to design the existing mechanism to
support Throwables, it's generally considered bad form to try to deal
with them -- after all, it's things like OutOfMemoryError and the like,
and it is not normally something a webapp can recover from.  Are there
particular Throwables that are not Exceptions that you are interested in
dealing with yourself?

>Thanks,
>Alex.

Craig