struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Ensuring a clean Form
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:04:22 GMT
Hi Linus,
declare your forms in request scope for your mappings, then they will
only ever be populated by your request parameters.

In session scope, a form bean is reused but before initialisation,
reset() is called at which point you can clean down the member variables.

Adam

On 09/24/2003 10:41 AM Linus Nikander wrote:
> How do I ensure that each invocation of a particular action receives a
> "clean" form. I.e a form where no values from any previous invocation are
> present.
>
> I remember reading somewhere that under certain conditions "old" values from
> one invocation could, because struts reuses form instances, be present in a
> later invocation.
>
> Is this true or have i misunderstood something ? I also remember reading
> something about a reset() method for the ActionForm. Is this the method one
> should use to reset all values ? When exactly is the reset() method called
> in that case ?
>
> //Linus Nikander linus @nikander.net

struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9