struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Input form field values...
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:30:41 GMT
Yes it should clear as long as you have no parameters in the URL and as
long as you have the action mapping scope set to request and not session.

On 09/25/2003 07:52 PM Joseph William wrote:
> I did figure that out Adam. Thanks much!
>
> But, in the browser, when I hit the back button and then the refresh button, the values
remain in the appropriate elements... this is fine. But, when I hit the enter key in the location
bar, should not the page reload and the values cleared??? This does not happen here??? why???
Please let me know...

> -Joseph
>

> Adam Hardy <ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
> if you leave the name attribute out, then the tag will
> automatically name the form after the name you specify in the action
> mapping. You must specify the form (in the mapping) and the form fields
> with etc if you want the values submitted to reappear in the
> fields again.
>
> It can be confusing. Have you checked out the examples that come with
> struts? I'm sure one of those demonstrates this functionality.
>
> HTH
> Adam
>
> On 09/25/2003 06:41 PM Joseph William wrote:
>
>>This is with regards to my question about retaining the form field values when the
error messages shouw up thru the Action errors... Just now, I figured out it was coz of the
In this tag, I had added the name and type attribute too -- This is coz I wanna do the client
side javascripting too for which I need the form name...

>>When I remove the name and type attribute(which is mandatory if we specify the name!)
from the form tag, I am able to retain the form element values in the error messages page!!!
Why is this so??? How to solve this???

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9