struts-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>
Subject Re: japanese in form
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 03:49:51 GMT
Try this link

http://www.anassina.com/struts/i18n/i18n.html

and look item number 7.

The form data being submitted might not be being read as Shift_JIS or
UTF-8 but instead the default ISO-8859-1 format.

You need to set the character encoding of the request before Struts puts
the request parameters into your ActionForm.  As suggested in the link
above, a filter can be used to set the encoding.

Amit Rana wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I am having exactly same problem as in this thread
> http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg38443.html
> i.e. Japanese in the form elements (textboxes) becomes garbage once form
> is re-shown. I have this tiles/struts application Japanese from
> properties or from form is displayed problem but when form is
> re-displayed Japanese becomes garbage.
>
> 	I have tried putting all the combinations given in
> http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg12490.html
>

> 	Can anyone suggest what can be done to solve this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Amit.

Jason Lea