struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FRIDAY] YA Stuts In Action Triva Quiz
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:46:18 GMT
Believe it or not, I'm just now closing the contest that ended Saturday,
September 14, 2003, 23:59:59. Perhaps all the yapping about the timezone
sent me off me into one of my own =:)

The question was:

 >In reviewing a very fine book on programming, who was quoted to say:
 > "The compiler should stop anyone implementing Runnable
 >  who hasn't read this book."

I had several good responses that mentioned Martin Fowler, but then went
and cited the wrong book (usually one of his). Other people mentioned a
(similar) book but didn't mention Martin. The best correct response was
given by Harsha Sanjeewa:

"Martin Fowler on Doug Lea's Concurrent Programming in Java: Design
Principles and Patterns"

A signed copy of Struts in Action is also going to Shane Miggens for
suggesting this hard-to-google quote.

NEXT:

There are many answers to this question, but only one is the infamous
quote I have in mind:

"Open source developers don't make backups, they ..."

PLEASE be sure to reply to husted@apache.org.

Answers will be summarized to the list, so feel free to try and amuse us =:)

The winner will be selected at random (or at least arbitrarily) from the
correct responses. [The correct response being the one I expected =:)]

The contest will run until Friday, October 3, 2003, 23:59:59, so
everyone has a chance to participate.

The lucky winner selected from the correct responses will receive a
signed copy of Struts in Action.

PLEASE be sure to reply to husted@apache.org.

Thanks to Arunkumar for suggesting this quote! In appreciation,
Arun will be also be receiving a signed copy of Struts in Action.

If you have an interesting science fiction or computer science quote
that is hard to google, please send it to me. The first to suggest a
quote that we use also wins!

  -Ted.

PLEASE be sure to reply to husted@apache.org.

--