struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: [OT]Combining sites
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 14:25:26 GMT
Hi Denis,
sounds like a bizarre request to make - what is the difference between
the two authentication mechanisms that can't be reprogrammed on the
other site? I assume you are not using container-managed authentication
otherwise it wouldn't be a problem.

You could set up a filter to send a redirect to the other site using a
JSP that attaches any parameters, such as where to go back to.

Adam
On 09/26/2003 09:28 PM denis@betterway.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok, I have a major problem, and I am ill equipped to handle it.  We developed two websites
for a client, hosted on the same server.  One is completely done with struts, the other less
so.  Now, my sup has left for his vacation and the client of course pulls a fast one on me.
 He wants the second website to handle the secure layer portion for the first website.  IE,
someone wants to register at site A.  They come in, are redirected to site B (without noticing),
enter SSL, start and complete their registration in SSL, exit SSL, and are redirected back
to site A.  I have all the actions to handle registration in site A, but I am not sure how
to integrate it seamlessly into site B.

> Can anyone help, offer advice, and point to literature/websites that will educate me
on the matter, or at least set me on the right path.

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9