struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: BeanMapping WAS: [Poll] action mappings
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:12:16 GMT
Yes, it answers my question. I use the BeanUtils.copyProperties() to
move data back and forth between my transfer objects and my dynaforms
and I don't like doing that because

(a) it seems an unnecessary step since I'm already marshalling data into
& out of resultsets

(b) I have to maintain the object field/member variable information in
yet another place (UML, database schema, xml schema, struts-config (&
possibly HTML should be on this list too))

(c) BeanUtils won't convert strings based on locale-specific information
(yet, AFAIK though it might be in the pipeline)

re (b), when I only have to specify that in one place, I know that I
will have died and gone to programmer heaven :)