struts-user mailing list archives

From <shirishchandra.sakh...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: [struts workflow extension] design question
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:54:12 GMT
Thanks Matthias,

I will have a close look at the demo and test applications.I need some generic way to add
the workflow extention to my existing working screens so that the user will be kept informed
of the workflow violations and given a choice to leave the workflow or stay in the workflow.So
I am looking at some way to write a generic action which will allow the user to terminate
or continue in the workflow.

Any how, I will first look at the applications included with download bundle.I hope that i
will not be required to extend the workFlowProcessorLogic.

But I still have my original doubt.Why does the WorkflowRequestProcessorLogic class not have
a public constructor?Should it not be extendable?Or it was a design decision due to some reasons.Because
I think keeping in line with the struts philosophy, you could give a couple of extension points
in your framework.And the way it is designed, I dont see a reason why it will not become a
defacto extention for workflow problems.

Any thoughts/ideas from other existing users of this extension.

Regards,
Shirish.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Bauer [mailto:matthias.bauer@livinglogic.de]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 5:26 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [struts workflow extension] design question

Shirish,

why do you want to change the workflow extension for doing this? Maybe
you want to have a look at the demo application. If I am getting you
right, I suppose I am doing exactly what you want to do: Just let the
action that handles the workflow violation put the application specific
warning in the session. With this mechanism you cannot only make this
warning application specific but even specific to the workflow that is
violated.

--- Matthias

Bauer( http://www.livinglogic.de/Struts/index.html ).

>I want to add some Warning messages when the workflow exception occurs.For the same, I
need to Extend the WorkflowRequestProcessorLogic class and override the processCheckWorkflows
method so that the ApplicationSpecific Warning can be added in the session.